Okay here is your first marketing quiz:
- What builds a genuine bond with the recipient?
- Is personal and creates a positive response?
- Won’t get tossed out with the junk mail?
- Costs less than a buck?
- Takes less than 5 minutes to do?
- Requires no expensive investment?
- Is low-tech, but high-touch?
- Makes great use of downtime?
- Is rarely used and sets you apart from the crowd?
- Gets a higher response than any other marketing tactic you could use?
If you guessed a hug you would be close, but the best kept marketing secret is a –
Yes. It is a Thank You card. I recommend this to every client I work with and in many cases I buy them the cards and put stamps on the envelopes just to encourage them to use them. The impact in today’s high tech world is incredible. People keep them on their desk, stick them on the fridge (there’s that fridge concept again), show them to co-workers and think you are wonderful. All for a buck or less.
If you want to build your business quickly thank everybody. Thank people for referrals, for good service, for advice, for a lead, for everything.
Here are a few sample of a series of thank you cards we created for a client who has grown her business exponentially:
Thank you for the referral… Thought you would like to know…
Thinking of you… Thank You