I think there are more people that think about client appreciation events than there are who actually follow through, but nothing beats a great event for building your business.
Client appreciation events serve many purposes:
- Re-connecting with past customers
- Building referrals
- Promoting your name and good will
Ideas for Events:
- Scavenger Hunt
- Car Rally
- Halloween and Holiday parties
- Easter egg hunts
- Cooking Classes
- Wine Tastings
- Other activities – Be creative!!!
- Choose a date – don’t be afraid of week night events.
- Send actual invitations approximately 30 days before the event with an RSVP time of 10 days before the event. A rule of thumb is 1/3 will attend.
- Call clients on the list after the RSVP date if you have too few attending. You can then start inviting new people, or encourage your attendees to bring along extra friends and family.
- Be at the entrance to greet your guests.
- Have all guests wear name tags (preferably, greet guests at the door after the name tags have been applied).
- Have the event catered.
- Take lots of pictures or have a photographer.
- If you have staff or a team, have them do as little work at the event a possible so they can mingle and enjoy the guests – Get outside help.
- Think of using a Polaroid so clients can take them home
- Have door prizes and raffles for extra fun.
- Do not be discouraged if your first-year turnout is small.
- Send a thank-you note to attendees.
- Send a newsletter afterwards with pictures to all you have invited so everyone who did not attend can see how much fun it is.
- Do not have any business-related discussions at the event unless you are specifically asked, then ask to follow-up with a phone call and book an appointment later – Just focus on fun.
Repeat this and the results are phenomenal!