Depending on what industry you are in you may be wanting to make a more personal connection in your community. This is especially important for Realtors, Mortgage Brokers, Insurance Brokers, Investment Advisors and retailers.
A great way to build some buzz in the neighborhood is to sponsor a coloring contest for kids. Here are a few things to think about:
1) Source an appropriate image for the kids to color.
2) Have prizes for different age ranges to make sure everyone gets a chance to win.
3) Offer prizes that are age appropriate and have an option for a boy and a girl winner if the item is not gender neutral.
4) Determine the best distribution method; through your storefront, as an insert in your local newspaper, as a direct mail piece or find a retailer such as a grocery store to distribute the coloring pages.
5) Determine the best collection method. Mail to an address, drop off at your storefront or at the same business that helped you distribute them initially.
6) Announce the winners and ensure as many people as possible know that there were in fact winners.
If you enjoyed this article and don’t want to miss the next one click here to get my marketing posts by email as soon as they are published. You will be prompted for an email address and you are set to go.