Have you ever wondered how to add a starburst or other special effect to a picture? Have you ever wanted to change the frame or make them stand out more on your website? Now you can with a service called Picnik.
I read about it somewhere and decided to give it a go as I have always used Illustrator or Photoshop and they were overkill for some of this and in some cases cannot provide the same function.
Some of the features of Picnik include the following:
- Fix your photos in just one click
- Use advanced controls to fine-tune your results
- Crop, resize, and rotate in real-time
- Tons of special effects, from artsy to fun
- Astoundingly fast, right in your browser
- Awesome fonts and top-quality type tool
- Basketfuls of shapes from hand-picked designers
- Works on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- No download required, nothing to install
Here are a few examples of photos I modified using Picnik. While they are relatively simple I can assure you with a few more minutes I could have added a lot more.
Added an open house label making it opaque so you can see the picture under the green.
Added a starburst drawing attention to a new price.
Altered picture to look like it was a Polaroid and placed it on an angle to draw attention.