If you are like most people and email is your number one contact method then you should consider email stationery from my company www.inboxfx.com. An attractive, professional looking email will make more impact on your clients and prospects and improve retention of your branding far more effectively than a plain text email.
- It makes your email stand out among the dozens your client is reading.
- It conveys a more professional and updated image.
- Drives traffic to your web site.
- Captures the readers attention in the 5 – 8 seconds they spend reading your email.
- Readers will spend more time reading your email.
- BONUS REASON if you are a Realtor – all of your emails from your MLS will be sent branded.
With pressure on companies to adapt to changing market conditions there is a tendency to cut marketing expenditures first when trying to improve the bottom line, but this is the worst place to start cutting.
In my opinion it is the time to rationalize your spending and if a marketing strategy is not producing tangible results stop spending the money. Stop doing what is nice and start doing what is necessary. This is not the time for investing in “could have beens”. I also think you need to pay more attention to the low hanging fruit which are your customers.
Ask yourself 4 questions –
- What are you doing to encourage repeat business?
- What are you doing to encourage referrals?
- What are you doing to reactivate dormant clients?
- What are you doing o retain clients?
While it is more fun to spend money on advertising and prospecting the cost to acquire a client is far higher than the cost to retain a client. If you are like the majority of businesses and are honest about where your business is coming from you need to start focusing more of your attention on your database and less on new business.
The key way to make more impact on your clients is to get back in touch on a regular basis. Each contact is a reminder for them to do business with you or refer a colleague to you. How do you develop a contact plan? It depends on your personality, skill set and business.
I use a combination of phone calls, branded emails, a monthly newsletter, personalized direct mail, referrals, blogging, Linkedin, Plaxo and Twitter, but your strategies may differ.
Here are some samples of email stationery we have designed. Click on the thumbnails for a larger version. For more samples click here to go to the inboxFX sample page.