As the founder of inboxFX Communications, a leading provider of custom email stationery, I am always looking for studies that reinforce the effectiveness of email. A recent study from Epsilon and conducted by ROI research reports that more than half (57%) of American consumers have more positive opinions about companies that send them emails, and 50% say getting email increases the likelihood they will purchase – either online or offline — from these companies, according to a survey .
- 57% of consumers feel they have a more positive impression of companies when they receive email from them.
- 40% said that simply receiving email has a positive impact on their likelihood to make a future purchase a company.
- 71% remember email communications when making purchases at the sending company’s web site.
- 50% said they’re more likely to buy products from companies who send them email, whether their purchases are online or at a place of business.
- One-third said they usually visit sites directly instead of clicking on an email link.
One other interesting result was the disparity between men and women saving emails for future reference. 60% of women and 49% of men regularly save email in their inbox to refer to it later when making purchases. This suggests that men are more likely to make impulse buys while women will wait for a deal or contemplate a purchase further.
There is no question that email is not only effective, but is increasingly the number one contact with clients and prospects so it only makes sense to consider using email stationery to enhance your image. Check out samples by clicking here.