Recently I have added a new service to my bag of marketing tricks that has a lot of potential for my clients. While I still set up websites for clients using Ubertor templated sites I have expanded my service to create blogsites for clients.
What is a Blogsite?
Instead of programming a website using html or developing a traditional blog on WordPress or Blogger I use a preprogrammed theme that runs on the WordPress blogging platform. There are thousands of themes to choose from and they are all designed to be plug and play so set-up is fast and my clients can make any on-going changes with only a short training period.
What are the benefits?
The number one benefit is how a blogsite is indexed by search engines compared to a static html website. The architecture of a WordPress blog is designed to be search engine friendly and by following a few simple rules, in my experience you can achieve much higher rankings with a blogsite than a website.
- You have hundreds of designs to choose from
- Most themes are free and the ones that you buy cost under $100.00
- You can change your theme anytime without losing your content
- There are thousands of free widgets and plugins that perform tasks that are almost impossible to recreate with an html site
- A blogsite can be up and running in less than a day
- There are thousands of people who can provide support for any theme so you are not tied to a company or individual for support
- The cost to have a fully functioning blogsite can be as little as $ 250.00 for my time to set it up, (but can range up to $ 2500.00 depending on the degree of complexity and amount of content)
I will expound on blogsites in a later post, but if you want to see some examples of blogsites I have under construction (and they are all in their infancy) please visit the following client sites. I have included a link to the original demo theme so you can compare and see the customization:
If you enjoyed this article and don’t want to miss the next one click here to get my marketing posts by email as soon as they are published. You will be prompted for an email address and you are set to go.