Clients sometimes confuse client appreciation events with client referral events and while the difference seems subtle, done correctly a client appreciation event will bring in referrals naturally as a result of the feeling of goodwill it generates whereas a client referral event is very much a business development exercise.
- Client Appreciation Event is to thank current business clients.
- Client Referral Event is for clients to bring one or more of their “qualified” friends to meet you.
A Client Appreciation Event assists businesses in retaining existing clients and developing repeat business, whereas a Referral Event is a vehicle to attract new clients. But remember, clients go where they are invited, and they stay only where they are appreciated.
Here are some ideas for a Client Appreciation event ranging from a few dollars per client up to about $ 100 per client. All of these need “fleshing” out to make them work, but they give you some food for thought. They are not all my ideas so thanks to all who have contributed.
- Put on an old-fashioned family picnic (bouncy castles etc)
- Take clients to sports events (football, baseball, basketball, hockey, etc.)
- Put together a Wine & Cheese tasting at a local restaurant or wine store
- Chocolate tasting at a local Chocolatier
- Host a dinner cruise
- Invite clients to a theater event
- Have a mobile spa come to your event (in Dallas try A Spa Affair)
- Rent a movie theatre for a first-run movie
- Host a holiday party
- Have a wardrobe consultant give a presentation
- Casino Night with proceeds to a charity
- Invite clients to a cooking class
- Rent out a public pool for a family swim night
- Host a tail gate party at a sports event
- Organize a family hike with a picnic after
- Invite people to a tournament (golf, baseball, croquet etc)
- Hot air balloon rides
- Weekly dance lessons for clients
- Create a Scavenger Hunt for clients and a have a party after
- Rent the IMAX Theatre for a special showing
- Take them to the horse race track and give them $ 25 to gamble
- Have a Magician teach clients magic tricks
- Hire a relevant Speaker
- Reserve cars or go-carts at the local car race track and invite clients to drive them
- Sports Fishing charter
- Dinner & Private showing at an artists home
- Whitewater rafting trip
- Rent out a spa and provide 2 treatments per client
- Evening golf lessons with a Pro
Have fun and make sure your clients feel appreciated.
If you enjoyed this article and don’t want to miss the next one click here to get my marketing posts by email as soon as they are published. You will be prompted for an email address and you are set to go.