Ok I am dating myself by using the word dictaphone in a sentence, but there was a day when I would dictate notes into a small tape recorder and play it back later. Or we could also phone into a central system and dictate something that the secretarial pool would type up and drop into your mail box. Now you know I am in my 50s for sure.
Fast forward to 2010 and my memory is worse. The information I want to store is vast and I could never find the right combination of Apps and programs on my computer to keep track of everything that caught my attention that I wanted to read at a later date.
That was until I found Evernote. Now as I am stumbling on websites and cool things I have to remember to look at I just highlight the text and hot key it to Evernote or save the whole page. Then I can tag the note and find it easily when I have more time. I can even create notes right from Twitter and save tweets for follow up.
Evernote makes it easy to remember things big and small using your computer, phone, and the web.
- Type a text note. Clip a web page. Snap a photo. Grab a screenshot. Evernote will keep it all safe.
- Everything you capture is automatically processed, indexed, and made searchable. If you like, you can add tags or organize notes into different notebooks.
- Search for notes by keywords, titles, and tags. Evernote magically makes printed and handwritten text inside your images searchable, too.
- Get started today with a free account
- Snap a photo of a business card with your phone, and have an easy way to store and access contacts.
- Capture plane tickets and confirmation numbers, hotel invoices, and receipts for your expense reports.
- Keep a file of anything cool you want to buy for yourself or as a gift, whether it’s online or out in the real world.
- Keep notes from your meetings all in one place. Take a picture of a whiteboard and you’ll be able to find it later.
- Plan your next trip. Clip web pages, maps, and itineraries. Capture sights, sounds, tastes, and anything else.
- Research web sites and clip pages directly from your browser.
- Keep a record of your favorite wines by snapping a photo of the label when you find one you like.
- Remember the things you were supposed to remember. Create to-do lists, jot down random thoughts, leave a voice memo, and more.
- Create notes right from Twitter and save tweets that you like by following @myEN on Twitter.
Evernote is a “cloud”-based application so you can access to your Evernote files from any device that has the Evernote program and an Internet connection. What’s great is that whatever you have stored is instantaneously available on any of the platforms where you have installed the Evernote software.
Give it a try. You will be thanking me.