I am a fan of “lumpy” mail as long as it is part of at least a 12 month contact strategy. Lumpy mail which is something three
dimensional and mailed in an envelope can be used every 3rd or 4th mailing; not every time. The whole idea of mailing your sphere of influence is the 4 R’s:
1) Reactivate dormant clients
2) Retain clients
3) Build Referrals
4) Build repeat business
What kind of lumpy mail?
- Postcards with restaurant directories (add a plastic fork)
- Memo pads
- Personal memo pads (with their name on it)
- Newsletters (add a plastic monopoly house)
- Market Updates (add a pen)
- Magnifier (rectangular credit card size)
- Area map (free from City Hall or Visitor’s Bureau sometimes)
- Tickets to an event
- Keychain token for unlocking grocery carts
- 9 volt battery for smoke detectors (check with the post office first)
You get the idea. People appreciate the time and effort you put into the mailing and the next time someone mentions real estate, BAM, your name comes to mind.
If you enjoyed this article and don’t want to miss the next one click here to get my marketing posts by email as soon as they are published. You will be prompted for an email address and you are set to go.